Sellers and buyers stand on opposite sides of the fence when selling a home. The former wants top dollar for the Orlando real estate, and the latter wants to secure the property at a steal. However, they both share the same goal: To make a sale.
Hiring a real estate agent is the best way to handle contract negotiations. With a qualified professional by your side, the sale will proceed much faster and without any problems. Think of the realtor as an advisor with great market knowledge. They guide you through every step so you stay in the loop and are happy with the end result.
Let’s take a look at some top reasons why hire a real estate agent:
A Speedier Sale
We already established that a real estate agent helps you sell your house fast, but how? Their proven strategies and years of experience dealing with the most challenging sales allow them to turn the deal in your favor. As seller’s agents, they know what motivates buyers and makes a lasting first impression, and as buyer’s agents, they know what to look for in a house to make it a profitable buy.
Here’s how they speed up the sale:
- Helping you set the right asking price
- Suggestions regarding what step to take next, such as a home inspection before listing the house
- Knowledge of comps and area trends
- Helping prioritize repairs and updates
- Effective marketing
A Profitable Sale
FSBO houses go for less because the seller is unfamiliar with some of the tactics real estate agents use to entice a buyer. If you think you are saving on the commission, know this: You will have to pay the buyer’s agent’s commission.
According to a report by NARs, the median price of a house sold by its owner is $260,000, and with an agent involved, it’s $318,000. If you calculate the difference, you are losing $39,000.
Takes Care of All the Transactions
A real estate agent is like a project manager. They make sure you tick all the boxes, and with constant communication and focus, they help you move forward. Here’s how they are involved in the sale process:
- Advertising the house
- Setting an asking price based on comps and market data
- Staging the house for showings
- Handling buyers during the tour
- Handling the earnest deposit and ensuring it goes into an escrow account
- Overseeing attorney review
- Preparing contracts
- Negotiating offers
- Reviewing loan paperwork
- Reviewing seller disclosures
- Home inspections
- Arranging title searches
- Handling buyer contingencies
- Making sure the final walkthrough goes smoothly
- Reading the closing documents and ensuring there are no loopholes
In the end, it’s not just about the money. A real estate agent gives you the peace of mind that you won’t get stuck in the middle of the sale with them by your side.
Megan Dowdy Realty has a team of qualified Ocoee realtors who work on both sides: Helping people buy and sell a house. They have in-depth knowledge about the market, an important factor that helps you find your dream house and sell your current one for a profit. For more information, call 407-509-9279.