Ticking off the Inspection Checklist – Home inspection day is always exciting as this activity can make or break your home purchase deal. It’s a chance to enter the house you might own in the near future, and that makes this activity a very crucial step in closing your Orlando real estate deal on positive terms.
But before you get a heads up for the home inspection, you must know what you will be looking for and what your preferences are. According to Florida Realtors, home inspection is an excellent opportunity to get an insight into the issues that need to be negotiated with the seller and close the deal.
To assist you further, here is the list of items that you must tick off in your pre-purchase home inspection checklist. Let’s have a look.
- Foundation – Check the base of the ceilings and walls in each room. Look for apparent shifts and obvious cracks in the foundation and the same should be done for the overall home foundation as well.
- Drainage – Check the drainage. Find out ifit is away from the home or if there are any apparent soggy areas.
- Roof – Make sure you do a thorough inspection for the roof as Dr. Philips realtor suggests. Check for the overall roof condition and know when was the last time the roof got repaired or replaced.
- Exterior — Home inspection is not just about inside but you should also check the house’s exterior. Check for signs that can help you find out if the house needs some repainting or repairs or if the downspouts or gutters are firmly attached. Moreover, check for dangling wires and loose boards along with asbestos in the material; that would cost you additional cost if it requires replacement or repair.
- Attic – With exterior you must also inspect the interior of the house’s roof structure. Check how it looks like or if there are some serious issues of leaks or broken shingles or asphalt.
- Ceilings – While you may not be able to check it closely, but Florida realtors suggest checking the ceilings for any possible roof leak. Also, you must check the window frames in each room.
- Basement — Check the basement for adequate insulation or dampness. Look for the size of the basement and for this you must take the professional assistance of Dr. Philips realtors.
- Plumbing — This is one of the top listed items. Check for unusual noises or even malfunctions. And look for possible cracks to avoid problems in the future.
- Electrical – Check if the switches work or if they are malfunctioning. Inspect if the outlets are grounded and if the panels are expandable or updated to install additional appliances or if you wish to take up a remodeling project later.
- Odors – While this may be a temporary issue, you must detect the real reason behind the issue. Check if the problem is fixable and make sure the odor is not musty as this could be the possible sign of damp basement.
If you need to get more professional insight into real estate matters and home inspection, head over to Megan Dowdy Realty straight away.